The Rebel Clan
Hey Guest,
The forums is very limited towards your viewing pleasure. So sign up or log in, show us that you're a real person and enjoy the full content of the forum
The Rebel Clan

For metal, punk and rock fans. But all are welcome.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Signatures

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
styx
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind

PostSubject: Signatures   Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:03 am

ok so there were some questions about signatures. after a lot of looking up this is what i could find to help members out (this is a quote from a forummotion admin). as for me - no help at all -_-

What is a Signature?

A signature is a quote or a picture which is displayed automatically at the bottom of our messages. This often shows a part of your personality.

How can I put a signature?

You have the choice to put a signature as soon as you register. In the registration form, there's a section where you can add a signature.

You can't add a signature only after your account activation.

Once activated and logged in, you click on the button in the navigation links at the top of the page.

Then you click on the "Signature" tab above the frame, at the right hand side of your page.

Then you fill the signature field and you can use the BBCode buttons above the field to add effects, links, images or flash animations.

After you filled up your sign field and saved, return to your profile edition form, click on the "Preferences" link just above the frame and then, make sure that you ticked "Yes" to the "Always attach my signature" option.

Can I put effects on my text?

Yes. To have your text in bold, italic, underlined, etc. or to center it or to make it scroll, you just use the BBCode, in the same way that you use them in your messages (see this topic :arrow : How to use BBCode in messages) For this, you will have a few buttons to have bold, italic of underlined text, or to insert a pic or a link.

Can I put a picture or a link in my signature?

As I said above, you can use BBCode for that.

The link, not surrounded by tags, becomes automatically active, but you can use the url tag to put a clickable word which leads to a webpage.

If you want to put a picture, it must first be hosted on an image host webiste. You can use Imageshack or another image host (see this topic Host your pictures).

CAUTION : Only .JPG, .GIF or .PNG format are accepted!
The picture may be animated or not.

Once hosted, you just surround the picture's url by img tags like this (only remove the ~)

Code:

[img~]URL of the picture[/~img]
You can make it clickable by using this code :

Code:

[url~=Webpage URL][~img]Picture URL[/img][/url]

I have put a signature in my profile, but it doesn't appear in my messages! Why?

First, if you tried on this support forum or on the French Editboard support forum, it is normal that it doesn't appear, because the administrator disabled them in the admin panel to avoid that the pages get heavy by numerous animated banners. Think about people who still have a low speed connection! More, many people would use their signature field as an advertising space. You already have the "Forum" field in your profile to display your forum address.

On your forum, when you add a signature in your profile for the first time and that you tick "Yes" to "Always attach my signature", it will appear ONLY in messages posted AFTER you added your signature in your profile. So, to make it appear in messages posted BEFORE, you must edit them one by one to tick "Attach my signature" just below the writing field. (Notice : To make this option appear, you must click on the small + icon right from "Options")

A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
Back to top Go down
http://therebelclan.forummotion.com
styx
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind

PostSubject: Re: Signatures   Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:10 am

My Signature is not displayed, what should I do?

In general, there are two settings that could be the reason for your sig not to be displayed. The first one is in your admin panel, where you can allow or deny the use of signatures on a global level. Go to "Users & Groups / Users / User Options" and set "Allow Signatures" to YES.

The second option can be found in your personal profile settings. Go to "Profile >> Preferences" and enable the option "Always attach my signature". Your signature should now be attached to all posts you make, if you actually have content in it.

Note: On some forum versions, it's possible that you still won't see your signatures on posts you have already made, although you have activated all necessary options. There is no other way to change this than to edit those posts and mark the box "attach my signature to this post" and save.

A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
Back to top Go down
http://therebelclan.forummotion.com

Signatures
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Rebel Clan :: FAQ-
Jump to: